Apparel Product Development Industry Lead
Keith Hoover is a recognized global pioneer in developing and implementing manufacturing-centric product development processes. His expertise spans creative product design through technical manufacturing execution. Most recently at Under Armour, Hoover championed Project Glory at the Under Armour Lighthouse, a new model for product development and manufacturing, based on virtualization and local-for-local sourcing.
Hoover has contributed in all phases of apparel and hard goods product development. He started his career as a commercial artist and fashion illustrator for such brands as Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren. He moved into product development, devising color management programs for Target, Lands’ End, JCPenney, and Under Armour. He was part of a team that set up Polo R&D and oversaw Fruit of the Loom’s domestic dyehouses.
Hoover was the first in the US to implement large-scale end-to-end global digital color management for a major retailer ($70B). He has worked hands-on in mills worldwide and led development for multi-million dollar textile programs in China, India, Pakistan, and Korea. Hoover has a long string of accomplishments bridging the creative and manufacturing processes, thus providing the ability to effectively communicate with all facets of the fiber and textile supply chain.
• Under Armour – VP, Manufacturing Innovation & Development at the UA Lighthouse; VP, Material Process & Color Innovation
• FTR (Fiber & Textile Revolution) – Represented Under Armour and served as the designated Executive Director for a consortium competing for the RFT-MII (Revolutionary Fiber & Textile Manufacturing Innovation Institute) Federal grant; key academic institutions were NC State, GA Tech, UMass-Lowell, University of Oregon, and University of Maryland; key brands were Under Armour, Nike, and Ralph Lauren (2015 – 2016)
• JCPenney – Director of Global Color and Fabric Innovation
• Lands’ End – Senior Manager, Design Resources
• Target Corp – Senior Manager of Global Color Services
• Fruit of the Loom – Director, Color Management
• Polo/Ralph Lauren – Art Director, R&D Color Technologist
• Frequent presenter to leading textile-facing organizations, including AATCC, EURATEX, ISCC, SDC, STRC, AIC, MAGIC, STA, and PI – Apparel